Whilst the Centre’s administrative functions are based in Newcastle under the leadership of its Director, its activities will be directed and governed by an Executive Committee, Stakeholder Committee and two high-level advisory bodies – an Advisory Board and an International Advisory Panel.
The Advisory Board provides the high-level advice on strategic direction, centre performance, and strategies for maximising centre impact, while the International Advisory Panel provides an assessment of the research performance, and advice on future directions.
The Advisory Board aims to:
• Review and provide feedback on the Strategic Plan for the Centre
• Provide strategic advice to the Centre Director and assist the Centre in achieving its goals
• Provide high-level advice on engagement with industry, government and community
• Facilitate, where appropriate, new opportunities for the Centre and review performance
International Advisory Panel
The purpose of the International Advisory Panel is to:
• Review the research program reports
• Review outcomes from the Research Program Review Committee
• Provide an international perspective or benchmark on research performance, as well as facilitate, where appropriate, new opportunities for the Centre